AVANTI Summer MusicFest’s concerto/solo competition – open only to AVANTI Workshop 2017 participants.
The winner will perform onstage at Orchestra Hall, accompanied by the musicians of the Detroit Symphony Orchestra and AVANTI students on Sunday, August 6! The runner-up may perform with piano at the AVANTI Festival concert, Saturday, August 5.
To be eligible for the competition, students must:
- Be enrolled as a participant in the AVANTI Workshop 2017. (http://www.avantisummermusicfest.org/the-workshop/)
- Have completed the on-line application form (below) and submitted a $25 administrative fee via PayPal (also below!).
- Upload a four (4) minute unedited video to YouTube (with or without piano accompaniment) of a section of one movement only of a standard concerto or sonata. (Concertos should be works scored for solo instrument with orchestra, sonatas should be scored for piano and solo instrument).
– Your video must show the applicant clearly – a music stand should not obscure the view of the applicant. The video must be unedited.
– Instructions for uploading a video to YouTube from your computer webcam, cellphone or iPad/tablet can be found here.
– Note: Please remember to copy the link to your video and include it on the application form.
AVANTI Summer MusicFest
5470 Chene St, Suite 205
Detroit, MI 48211
Applications and videos must be RECEIVED by May 1, 2017
Five candidates will be advanced to the final round and all applicants will be notified as soon as possible, no later than by May 15, 2017. Results will also be posted at AVANTI’s FaceBook page and website. The final round will be a live audition held at 7:00pm June 7, at Groves High School, Beverly Hills ( 20500 W. 13 Mile, Beverly Hills, MI). Candidates invited to the final round will be required to provide their own accompanist.
- This competition is only open to high school band, and orchestra students (sorry, no pianists) who participate in the AVANTI 2017 Workshop, August 1-6.
- Please prepare only 1 movement of your selected concerto/solo for performance.
- Total performance time shall not exceed 8 minutes.
- Concertos must have an orchestral accompaniment with parts that are readily available.
- Decisions of the selection committee and the audition judges are final.
Please complete the on-line application below or download the application. Once you have submitted the application, please return to this page and click on the PayPal button below to submit your $25 administrative fee.
APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED WITHOUT PAYMENT OF THIS $25 FEE!
Administrative FEE (non-refundable)
AFTER you have submitted your application form, please pay the required non-refundable $25 administrative fee using the PayPay button below.
YOUR APPLICATION PROCESS WILL BE COMPLETED WHEN THE APPLICATION FEE HAS BEEN RECEIVED.
Please click the “Pay Now” PayPal button to pay the administrative fee.